Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm Thinking Stupid

Place: Arby's
Lunch: Large beef n' cheddar, potato cakes, chocolate malt swirl shake

So I order a "medium chocolate malt swirl shake" and the counter girl says "It only comes in one size", killing all momentum in the ordering process.

"Fine," I say.

Then I order potato cakes. "What size?"

Moment of pause..."I don't care."

She doesn't push the issue.

So why is this shake so special that it can be ordered only in one size? Because it's sold in a special clear cup, unlike their other shakes. Why is it sold in a special clear cup? So you can see the chocolate swirl that looks so nice in the advertising pictures. Because that's all the swirl is...decoration.

They take a chocolate sauce, squirt a pattern around the inside of the cup, and put a milkshake in it.

There's no swirl within the milkshake at all.

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Oh...And you'd think if they're going to lay out the name with all the ingredients listed, they might have included "coffee" in the name, since there's coffee flavor in it too.

But they didn't.

Bottom line...If you want a malt, go to Dairy Queen.