Saturday, February 14, 2009

Fat Portland Bastards

Place: KFC-Taco Bell
Lunch: Triple layer nachos, nachos supreme (no tomato), Pepsi

I've probably ranted previously about the price some Taco Bells are charging for the Cheesy Double Beef Burrito, which is advertised at 89 cents. But this location takes the cake...A BUCK FIFTY NINE. That's ALASKA level gouging.

While getting my drink, a couple is admiring the nutrition facts document. "400 calories!" the woman exclaims about some chicken item. Like she should be surprised.

Apparently, some state governments think you should be forced to know better. Multnomah County, Oregon (that would be Portland, basically) just passed legislation requiring calorie content of food items be listed right alongside the food on the menu board, in the same font and same font size as the menu item itself.

IMAGINE what menu boards will look like now.

Yet another reason to be embarrassed of my hometown.

I am REALLY getting fed up with the food Nazis.

The funny thing about this calorie deal is who it's really going to hurt...The Panera Breads in the world. When you see the calorie count in THEIR fancy sandwiches and salads, you'll be running to McDonald's for a healthy McDouble.

Speaking of unhealthy, what's the deal with Simply Limeade? I was going to pick up a bottle in Target last week and they were out. And, as I found out later, so is Walmart, Cub Foods, and a second Target I went to the other day.

This too annoys me terribly.