Sunday, May 02, 2010

Home

Place: HuHot Mongolian Grill
Lunch: A plate of sea scallops with mushrooms, two ladles Samurai Teriyaki sauce, two ladles Feed the Horses Hoisin sauce, and three ladles Hot Chili Oil; a plate of chicken with Chinese noodles and mushrooms with three ladles of Samurai Teriyaki sauce, three ladles of Feed the Horses Hoisin sauce, two ladles of Burn your Village Barbecue sauce, and two ladles of Hot Chili oil; Coke

I am BEAT.  Three and a half hours on a (padded) steel chair in the Palms concert hall last night, got back to the motel at 12:30, got up at 5:30, a couple of hours at the airport, and roughly three hours in a cramped seat on an MD-80.  I need to start planning my flights so I'm either on a better more spacious airline, or plan my flights with stopovers so I get breaks in between.  I just don't handle that 'three hours cramped in economy' crap well at all.

Oh well.  I should be done flying until August.

Actually, I need to remember that I'm not really much into sitting at live events for extended periods of time either anymore.  Even if I am in the front row and have unlimited leg room.

Conan was good.  Not great, not spectacular, but good.  Pretty sure that was all he was looking to achieve.  The highlight of the show was LaBamba (the trombonist in Conan's band) singing a number before Conan came out.  That guy is a talent and a half.

I'll probably write about the Pinball Hall of Fame and maybe other shenanigans later in the week, but the cats are totally demanding my attention right now, and it's hard to type when Chester's in my face.