Monday, June 29, 2009

Thrillkill

Place: Hickman Buffet
Lunch: Lunch buffet, Pepsi

I have a new favorite Chinese buffet. WOW this is good. WAY better than Shangri-La or that one over by Half-Price Crooks.

Okay, I get it. He's dead.

Shut up.

I was never a fan of Michael Jackson, really. Never owned any of his albums. Respected that "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" were great works. Played the hits off them a lot in my young days as a radio dork, back when AM stations still played music. The guy was a huge talent and deserves his place in music history. And I had no problems with him up until the moment MTV played the "Thriller" video for the first time. After that, he was a walking cartoon for the rest of his life.

I don't care if he's dead...STOP PLAYING HIS MUSIC FOR EVERY COMMERCIAL BREAK BUMPER!

The XM broadcast of the PGA tour event over the weekend used hits from Jackson's library in and out of nearly every break. Radio talk show hosts all over the country did it Friday, and some still Monday. As a direct result of all of this, "Thriller" has been stuck in my head all weekend.

I will consider it a national terrorist act if this happens when Lionel Richie kicks the bucket.

It's not like he's the only celebrity who's died in the past week. Farrah. Ed McMahon. Fred Travalino. Billy Mays. BILLY FREAKING MAYS. Do you have ANY idea how sad I was to hear about that one?

I shouldn't have to put up with this.