Saturday, September 08, 2012

Chicken Little

Place: KFC-Taco Bell
Lunch: Doritos locos taco supreme (no tomato), nachos supreme (no tomato) extra crispy thigh, Chicken Littles sandwich, Pepsi

I'm in line behind four guys making separate orders that are odd.  The last guy walks off without his receipt or change.  Smiling Counter Guy doesn't know what to do about it.  So he leaves it on the counter for the guy to pick up later (which he does when he gets his food).

Smiling Counter Guy disappears for awhile, then comes back and points at me without saying anything because apparently he wants me to order now.

Me: "One Doritos locos taco supreme..."

Him: "For here?"

Me: "Yes."

Him:  "That's it?"

Me: "No."

Him: "..."

Me: "One Doritos locos taco supreme, no tomato..."

Him: "Okay, wait.  You want the one with the sour cream?"

Me: "..."

Him: "I just want to make sure.  You'd be surprised, we get people who don't want the sour cream, they want the regular one..."

He went on for about fifteen more sentences, but I'd tuned him out by then and just waited for him to finish before processing an answer.

Here's the problem with interrupting my order flow...I'm easily confused.  When you jump in with some unexpected question, my brain basically shuts down and I start making irrational requests.  Then I end up with a taco topped with something ridiculous like pizza rolls.

When they called my number, the guy who brought my food to the counter said "Doritos locos taco supreme, extra tomato!"

Me:  "No, I..."

He busts out laughing.  "Just kidding!"

He is, too.  Everything's made the way I ordered it.

This KFC Chicken Little sandwich...a mini sub roll (think hot dog bun) with a standard chicken tender with mayo and pickles...is pretty awesome.  At least with a very recently cooked tender, which this one is.

I guess KFC once had a different sandwich called "Chicken Little" that I don't remember.  But it has a legion of fans who were campaigning to get that one back and got this instead.  They're not happy.

But I am.