Wednesday, September 26, 2012

McEconomics

Place: McDonald's
Lunch: 10pc Chicken McNuggets (w/sweet chili sauce), fries, Hi-C Orange Lavaburst

I'll never understand McEconomics.  A 10pc Chicken McNuggets sells for $4.19.  A 20pc, according to the tray liner, sells for $4.99.

McNuggets may be like crack, but I don't think even I could eat 20 of them.  Even for just $.80 more.

Maybe today I could have.  These taste like they were just cooked.  That's not always the case.  The place to go for nuggets is Jack in the Box.  They're ALWAYS freshly cooked, and they're cheaper.

Mc D's annual Monopoly promotion just started.  I'm planning on winning a Fiat.  But not today.  Today, I won a medium fries, although I did get one of the Fiat pieces too.  Probably not the magical impossible to find piece, but whatever.

There's some sort of manager training program going on in here.  There's nine people dressed in black with name tags wandering the kitchen and dining room taking notes.  Another woman is overseeing them.  After their inspections, they break up into groups in the dining room and are instructed to discuss "priorities" and "bravos" they noticed.  "Priorities" apparently means things being done wrong.  Bravos means things being done right.  It's like the finishing school of fast food or something.

The big "priority" apparently has to do with breakfast burritos in the cooler after breakfast hours.  The leader is having a hard time communicating to her students that breakfast burritos aren't served during lunch hours.  Seriously...they're not getting it.  I'm not getting why there's pre-made burritos at all.  Are they shipped pre-made, or do the restaurants pre-make up a bunch and reheat them to keep the drive-thru moving?  And more importantly, why do I care either way?  I NEVER order breakfast burritos.

Of course, nobody brought up the alarming price differentiation between 10pc and 20pc McNuggets.  I totally would have.

Not much going on.  Been staying home more lately.  The weather has turned more autumn-like.  Good open window nights.  Leaves are turning color.  Saw some beautiful pics of Utah fall colors.  Hopefully colors will still be in full swing when I get out there in a couple of weeks.

Werther's came out with a "caramel apple filled" version of their candy for the fall season.

They're freaking awesome.