Monday, December 06, 2010

Slip and Slide

Place: Cici's Pizza
Lunch: Pizza, soup, cheese breadsticks (dipped in Alfredo sauce), Dr. Pepper

As usual, Dora the Explorer is on.  Today, Dora and Swiper are on the same side.  Huh?  Apparently, Dora's trying to help Swiper get off Santa's naughty list.  You'd think Swiper would be practical enough to know Santa doesn't exist, wouldn't you. 

While traveling the world, my new PC speakers showed up.  I'd been eyeing these for awhile and they came up as a Cyber-Monday deal, so I ordered them from the road. 

I installed them last night.  This was a bit of production because they're HUGE in comparison to the little Gateways that came with my PC.  I just had those sitting behind my LCD monitor in the vast space that was intended for a CRT monitor.  The new ones are up top on the shelf above the monitor.  I can't believe the included wiring was actually long enough to complete the job.

While I was at this, Chester Cat was going through the various boxes (three total) the speakers came in. In between two of the boxes was some shipping paper the shipper had wadded up and wedged in as packing material.  Chester pulled it out of the box immediately. 

I'm not sure what happened after that...I was busy untangling wires and figuring out how to lay everything out...but when I got done with my project and turned toward the door, Chester was proudly sitting on his shipping paper, which he had managed to unwad and perfectly stretch out across the floor.  All three feet of it.

THAT is one smart cat.

This paper is now his new favorite thing. He sleeps on it, burrows under it, and dives on it like it's a slip-and-slide.  It makes all sorts of noise whenever he moves on it, of course, which I assume is the attraction.  I'm pretty sure he played with it all night. 

I'm actually glad to be back at work.  Who knew.