Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Evening Breeze

Place: B-Bops
Lunch: Single hamburger (no tomato), chili, Pepsi

Last night was the rare perfect evening.  The neighborhood air filled with the aroma of grilling, people leisurely walked their dogs, windows were opened, the distant sounds of wild critters started to appear, and a gentle breeze or two wandered in as I took care of some things on my newly refurbished PC.

Yes, the cables arrived, and the case is once again closed.  Everything works perfectly.  The new wireless keyboard and mouse are great.  Especially the mouse, which has a wheel that doesn't click.  It's just smooth motion.  I LOVE that.  The keyboard is taking some getting used to...it's one of those ergonomic curved ones, but it's not to the extreme like a lot of those out there. They run on AA batteries. Wonder how long those will last.

My townhouse association had approved purchasing and posting speed limit signs over the winter.  Those went up yesterday.  The posted speed limit: 11.  Because THIS village goes to 11.

(Yes...that was totally my idea.)

These perfect mild evenings won't last.  Soon, the air will get humid and sticky, and I'll be wishing for October to hurry up and arrive already.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy it while it's here.