Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Lourdes of Ignorance

Place: Burger King
Lunch: the Angus Mushroom and Swiss steakhouse burger, onion rings, chocolate milk shake

There's two counter people and no customers. The counter people are having a conversation about something to do with the cash register and ignoring me. Then one of them leaves and counter girl Lourdes (what kind of a name is "Lourdes"?) stares at me.

"Are you ready?" I ask.

"Yes," she says.

"I'll have a Mushroom and Swiss steakhouse burger, onion rings, and a medium chocolate shake."

...But I've lost her. She's now having a conversation with another employee.

When she finishes said conversation, she asks "You want number 1?"

(The number 1 combo is a Whopper with cheese.)

So we go over this again. She apologizes. I don't believe her.

I love a good mushroom and Swiss. This one is NOT among those. Honestly...Who puts A1 and onion petals on a mushroom and Swiss? I need to get back to Utah and have me an Arctic Circle mushroom and Swiss.

I will say that they gave me a new "zesty" dipping sauce for the onion rings that is almost identical to Arby's onion petal dipping sauce. That was good.

If they're going to offer Angus burgers, why not make a burger branded the Angus Whopper? That just seems like a natural tie-in to me. The regular Whopper...but with the Angus patty.

I was sick over the weekend, but felt better enough to go to work Monday. Then I was sick all over again last night, didn't sleep much, and found myself laying in bed at 7 thinking there was no way I was going to work today. Then, suddenly out of nowhere, I felt fine. So I'm working.

I probably won't feel fine after this.