Friday, October 03, 2008

Hooray for Slumberland

Place: HuHot Mongolian Grill
Lunch: A couple of chicken plates with different sauce mixes, Coke

I've been eating here a LOT lately. I get that way...I eat at one place a lot, then suddenly quit and don't go back for months or even years for no reason.

I had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory the other night. Now I know that restaurants have been increasing their beverage costs to ridiculous levels to get their profits up (some don't even bother posting prices on the menu anymore), but $4.50 for a strawberry lemonade?!?

And an update from my last post...Hardee's DOES now have the Chili Cheese Thickburger back on the menu, along with the chili dogs. And chili cheese fries. They also have a pork biscuit with sausage gravy on the breakfast menu. It's awesome, but if you eat it in your car, your car will smell like soggy old socks for the rest of the morning.

I have no idea why.

It hasn't stopped me from eating like three of them this week, though.

I really should start eating out less.

Well, I finally got my chair and ottoman. The chair is pretty much the greatest chair ever. The ottoman is freaking huge and has become the official preferred living room hangout spot for the cats. I can have my feet up and there's still more than ample room for both to stretch out. It's dark green ("sage"), but not the same dark green ("fern") as my love seat. The style is also slightly different. They scream "WE DON'T BELONG TOGETHER!" when you see them. Maybe I should have just gone blatantly different with the chair color and gotten the Taupe.

Naah.

You know what happens when you go to Homemakers and ask how long it will take to get a color of something in they don't stock? They have a scripted answer that goes like this..."Five to six weeks, which is really fast in our industry." I've had three or four different salespeople use that line on me over the summer.

You know what happens when you go to Slumberland on Sunday and ask the same question? "We can get it from our South Dakota warehouse on Tuesday. You can pick it up that afternoon."

You know what happens when you go to Slumberland on Wednesday after deciding the piece you picked up on Tuesday sucked and you want to order something else they don't have in stock? "We can get it from our South Dakota warehouse on Friday. You can pick it up that afternoon and return the original piece then."

All this summer I'm looking for a stupid chair and ottoman, and it never once occured to me to go to Slumberland. I've been to furniture stores in three different states. I drive by Slumberland all the time. Never occured to me to go in. Then one late September day I'm driving by and went "Wait a minute..."

Anyway...Hooray for Slumberland.