Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Now THAT'S Cheesy!

Place: Burger King
Lunch:
Whopper with stale bun (no tomato), onion rings, 4 chicken tenders shaped like either chicken feet or a crown...I'm not sure..., Dr. Pepper

I was watching some quality television drama (professional wrestling) when a Burger King ad came on touting their double cheeseburger. The ad bragged that it had...I think it was 30 percent more beef than McDonald's double cheeseburger.

"Gee. I haven't had a regular double cheeseburger at Burger King in years. I should try one tomorrow," I said.

Chester, my big orange tabby cat, gave me that "I don't like it when you talk aloud to yourself like that" look.

It makes him nervous, you see.

So I get here and look at the menu. You know what else is bigger about Burger King's double cheeseburger? The price. $2.60. 160 percent higher than its McDonald's counterpart, a longtime staple of the dollar menu.

I went with a Whopper combo instead. And some chicken tenders. I'm not sure why I ordered those instead of chicken fries. Chicken fries are awesome.

So here I sit with my Whopper. This stupid sucky dry Whopper with its crusty stale bun.

Shoulda gone to Hardee's.