Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Wendy Has Left the Building

Place: Taco John's
Lunch: Four hard shell tacos, one Potato Ole's bravo (no tomato), water

Ahhh. The miracle of Taco Tuesday.

On the drive back to the office from lunch, I passed an abandoned Wendy's. Wendy's relocated to a new store not exactly nearby (it's a good two or three miles away) about three months ago. This store is empty, the signage has been removed, and a big sign in the window indicates where to go for the new location.

Yet the car in front of me in traffic is pulling into their parking lot.

As I look to see where he thinks he's going, I spot two MORE cars in the drive-thru lane.

They're just sitting there, as if they're waiting for somebody to take their order.

I've never given people around here credit for being terribly bright, but this takes the cake.