Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Soup Season

Place: Chick-Fil-A
Lunch: Original chicken sandwich (w/mayo), chicken noodle soup, lemonade

I walked outside without my coat into 43 degrees and heavy rain, so soup was definitely on the lunch agenda.  Chick-Fil-A, who has the best chicken noodle soup, it is.

Apparently this Chick-Fil-A, which has pretty much been printing money since it opened, wasn't printing enough money, so they've converted the single drive-thru lane into a double.  This makes backing out of the already narrow parking lot a strategic maneuver.  You might as well just park across the path at the end of the Kohl's lot and walk over.  They've also expanded the inside counter order area by removing the condiment-napkin-plasticware station and adding a zig-zag line.

By the time I figured out where they hid the mayonnaise packets and spoons (down the side corridor between the main entrance and the bathrooms), my food was ready.

As I have noted previously, Chick-Fil-A is the official restaurant of human females.  They treat the chain like Californians treat In-N-Out Burger.  The women sitting behind me are textbook examples.

"I just LOVE Chick-Fil-A!" one of them exclaims.  "I always feel SO CARED FOR here!"

Same woman: "Isn't it exciting that we get to sit in a BOOTH?"

Other woman, later: "How's your soup?"

"It's SO DELICIOUS!  I just LOVE it!"

She's also exclaiming something at their table is "SO CUTE!"  Jeepers.  Did she just get out of prison or something?  She sounds like me when I was forced to live in Alaska for ten years whenever I'd escape to civilization and have access to a McDonald's.

Settle down, Beavis.