Monday, April 24, 2017

Pets

Place: Subway in a Walmart
Lunch: Italian Hero (provolone, mayo, chipotle southwest, pickles, onions, black olives), ice water

The ad had me at Capicola ham.  It's not all that great.  But I had some shopping to do so it was convenient.

Notice lately that more and more people are posting pictures of their pets on Twitter with a comment that says something like "every RT this gets I'll give her a very soft pet and tell her I love her", then they get hundreds if not thousands of retweets?

This drives me nuts.  What are you going to do if you don't get any?  Hold your affection for your pet hostage?  "Sorry, Fluffy.  Nobody on Twitter loves you, therefore I don't either."

And what are you going to do if you get hundreds?  How long do you take to spread out that affection?  Or are you just going to wear your arm out going nonstop for a few days?  Is it just one pat per retweet?  What if the pet tires of this and tries to escape?  Do you tie them down?

My cats don't need retweets to get pets, scritches, scratches, or praise.

And neither should yours.