Monday, January 05, 2015

The Meltdown

Place: Hardee's
Lunch: Bacon Velveeta Patty Meltdown, chili cheese fries, Coke

So there I was listening to a game on the radio this weekend when suddenly Gary Busey started swearing up a storm.  Lots of bleeping.  What happened?  A very clever Hardee's commercial for a sandwich called the Meltdown, that's what.  (The TV ad features professional wrestler Brock Lesnar having a meltdown involving throwing things.)

Meanwhile, what is sister chain Carl's Jr doing?  'The All Natural Burger".  With real cheddar.  Pretty much the polar opposite of a Velveeta-based burger.

Anyway, this thing is just freaking great, and I'm not even a Velveeta fan.  But it works here with the toasted Frisco bread, charbroiled beef, bacon, grilled onions, and mayo.  The burger LTO of the year may have already arrived.

Seeing the chili cheese fries banner was a surprise.  There's no banner for a chili cheeseburger, though.  Why not?  The chili's already here, for crying out loud.  For that matter, why not have a chili version of the Meltdown?  Chili and melty Velveeta?  Come ON, Hardee's!

I about had a meltdown of my own this morning.  This was clearly one of those "should've stayed in bed" Mondays.

The plan upon leaving the house was to get gas, something to eat, and hit the office.  The first snag comes when I can't find my hat and it's four degrees out and windy.  Meaning my head will be in a great deal of pain by the time I fuel up because I couldn't have possibly gotten gas on Saturday when the "low fuel" light went on as I was passing the gas station and it was 50 out.

Then I get a work emergency call and I'm suddenly in a big hurry to get to the office.

Then I can't get breakfast because there's no place to park.  The parking lot is PACKED.

But I get gas, get to work, and take care of the emergency.  Then I go to get some water so I can take some aspirin.

The water cooler is empty.

EMPTY.

The jug is empty.  The base is empty.  There's plenty of available jugs right next to it, but everyone was so lazy over the weekend that nobody could be bothered.

I replaced the jug and took the aspirin with our not-very-good-tasting tap water.

Anyway, now that I've eaten, I feel a little better.

This will change on the commute home, which is expected to be very snowy.