Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Food Court Fried

Place: Taco Bell
Lunch: Combo burrito, triple layer nachos, Pepsi

I'm sitting in a mall food court staring at the space that is going to become "Ocean Beach Fries".  There's a guy standing at the counter looking like he's waiting for somebody who's not coming.

Ocean Beach Fries was a full-service bar and grill in a huge themed space that was previously called Kahunaville.  The Kahunaville people put all the money into the restaurant space (which was originally a two-screen theater) .  Then they went out of business and some guy went in with Ocean Beach Fries.  I ate there once.  The service was lousy.  The food was nothing special...I'm pretty sure the fish was the same Trident breaded halibut you can buy at Costco.

Anyway, they took the letters off the Ocean Beach Fries entrance and tacked them up in the food court slot.  The Ocean Beach Fries video arcade (also formerly the Kahunaville arcade) is still intact.  Every mall needs one, I suppose.

I guess they'll have burgers and chili dogs too, which should thrill the neighboring Maid-Rite.

I had a nasty cold last week, which I'm still recovering from.  Lots of coughing, feel week, etc.  Which probably explains why I can't remember what it is I came to the mall for.  I only come here for lunch if I have some shopping to do, and that was the case today.  

But I can't remember what I came here for now.