Thursday, October 13, 2005

Grand Opening

Place: Chick-Fil-A
Lunch: Original Chick-Fil-A sandwich, Chicken soup, Lemonade

It's grand opening day at Chick-Fil-A (and for this blog, actually). There's a lady handing out free little cows (the "EAT MOR CHIKIN" cows) but doesn't offer one to me.

That's kind of rude.

The women in my office have been buzzing about us getting a local Chick-Fil-A for weeks. Women really seem to love this stuff. Don't ask me why. It's a good sandwich, in fact today's sandwich is easily the best Chick-Fil-A I've ever had, but there's nothing terribly special about it. It's breaded chicken breast deep fried and placed on a plain bun with two slices of pickes. Previous ones have left me with that "gut bomb" feeling in my stomach.

They do have wonderful lemonade.

The trick to having a good sandwich is to get one hot and fresh. I've had Chick-Fil-A at four different locations. The three before today took my order, took my money, and handed me a tray with the sandwich immediately without ever leaving the counter position. This location actually left the order position and returned with a sandwich. So I suppose if I want a fresh Chick-Fil-A, the trick is to hang back and watch orders being taken until they're clearly having to run for sandwiches.

Seems like far too much effort.

It's so nice to have "Hockey Night in Canada" back on the air. They debuted with the Canadiens and Leafs last weekend. This weekend it's...the Leafs and Canadiens.

Oh.