Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Oh...That's Why

Place: Pizza Hut
Lunch: Lunch buffet, Pepsi

I made my semi-annual Dublin Dr. Pepper run over the weekend.  I was down to something like a half case of the stuff.  Now I have thirteen cases of cans and four cases of bottles.  That should be good to the end of the year.  Maybe.

(Dublin Dr. Pepper is made with cane sugar and has a whole different flavor profile.  I've explained this before.  It's not my fault you don't know this.)

I've had to explain the whole Texas run to two co-workers thus far.  "HOW long did it take to drive down there?"  "And you just drove down and BACK?" 

(P.S. - No, there was more to it than that.  But whatever drama works for you...)

While in Texas, I tried Taco Cabana's new Brisket Tacos.  If you live near a Taco Cabana, you MUST try one.  It's nothing more than beef brisket in a flour tortilla with a side of barbecue sauce.  You don't need the barbecue sauce.  The meat is THAT good.

Oh...And to whoever at Krystal came up with the bright idea of the "Butter Chik"...you deserve sainthood.

Today's lunch hour was a late start.  And I had no idea what to have.  But Pizza Hut staged a guy with a sign in front of Incredible Pizza (that THAT, Incredible Pizza!) promoting a special $5 price on Pizza Hut's buffet for today only.  So I figured, why not.  I haven't been there in about a year.  Can't remember why.

Now that I'm here, I'm thinking "Oh...That's why."

Smiling Server Megan is super nice, though.  She seems to be in a much better mood than Hope down at the QuikTrip today.  When Hope's grumpy, Hope's grumpy.

They're probably both in a better mood than that guy driving the "Two Men and a Truck" truck who obliterated the Laserwash street sign though.

Why'd I leave the office again?