Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Hide Your Money

Place: Panda Express
Lunch: Orange chicken, chow mein, fried rice, veggie spring rolls

Ever notice how orange chicken sometimes tastes like orange, sometimes tastes like sesame chicken, or sometimes is something in between? This is more like a spicy General Tso's chicken, but sweeter. Doesn't matter, because it's DELICIOUS.

I'm looking for a wallet. The change pocket zipper on mine broke. And it smells because the cat peed on it awhile back. The problem is that I can't find a similar wallet anywhere.

The wallet is a Totes model that I got at Totes/Sunglass World at the factory outlets. Well, the one I got it at is out of business now, as is every other one I knew of. There might still be one open in Minnesota, and I'm going up there next week, so I'm crossing my fingers.

It's designed as a checkbook wallet, but has a zipper compartment for change, and it's slimmer than the checkbook wallets I've been finding. I don't use the checkbook part (who carries THOSE around anymore?). I just like having my dollar bills unfolded, plus the additional space for all the plastic I carry (it's amazing how many places I do business with are issuing those stupid loyalty "club" cards).

But nobody has anything even remotely close to what I'm looking for.

I've been to Target. Wal-Mart. K-Mart. Walgreens. Marshall's. JCPenney. The only place that had something vaguely similar was Dillard's, and that was $40. I'm NOT paying $40 for a stupid wallet. Particularly one that's only vaguely similar. I paid less than half that for mine.

This sucks.

Of course, it's even more annoying because I'm running around trying to find one during the last week of Christmas shopping. My shopping's long since done, yet here I am on a wild goose chase for the unfindable item.

And it's REALLY annoying to keep my change in my pocket.

REALLY annoying.