Saturday, December 24, 2005

5 & Zero

Place: 5 & Diner
Lunch: Chicken-fried steak, 2 eggs, biscuits

Brunch, technically. Whatever.

The 5 & Diner sucks. The burgers suck. The breakfast sucks. The strawberry lemonade sucks. The chili REALLY sucks. My point is...It sucks.

One of the waitresses is quietly freaking out about some customer. She's peeking around the corner and pointing to somebody with another waitress. They're being really secretive. They're probably saying to each other "They actually seem to LIKE our food!" I sure don't.

It's Christmas Eve and the snow has mostly melted. After a month or more of a white Christmas season, the actual day is looking brown.

Traffic has been crazy for the past couple of days, and not just at the Popeye's drive-thru (which is STILL doing a ridiculous amount of business). Last-minute Christmas shoppers are cramming the stores looking for whatever it is they're looking for. I officially finished shopping on Tuesday.

But when I'm done here, I can go home and not leave the house again until after Christmas if I so choose. Just watch football and enjoy the holiday.

Probably watch lots of Christmas movies.

Or something.